So maybe renewable energy is new to you! We have compiled some useful information here and our purpose is to help you make a more informed decision. It is not intended to provide every possible answer to every possible question.
We recommend that you always take independent, professional, experienced advice prior to making a decision when purchasing or retrofitting your heating system.
Amongst the topics covered are:
- an explanation of some general concepts of renewable energy and to explain how some of the technologies work.
- we have answered a list of questions that we are frequently asked in relation to the different areas that we supply.
- Another area where questions arise is the flues used for stoves and boilers, again we have dedicated a section to the building regulations in relation to flues and also a brief explanation of different flue types.
- NOTE: Grants under the Greener Home Scheme are now closed! A new grant scheme called the Better Energy Homes Scheme is now operating.
- We have compiled a list of the areas around the country where the sale of bituminous coals are banned, known as ‘smokeless’ areas.
- A carbon tax applies to solid fuels, and we explain the origins of the tax, and it’s implications for you.