Twin Heat ME series – 29, 48 and 80 kW Wood pellet boiler
The Twin Heat ME Series biomass boilers are produced to a high standard in Denmark, and are very efficient, versatile and easy to use. It will burn wood pellet, grains and other uniform fuels (consistent in their shape and suitable for auger feeding). The ME is a very versatile boiler from a fuel point of view because apart from burning bulk biomass fuels, they can also be “hand-fired” – in that logs can be burned in the combustion chamber, up to 1 metre in length. Given it’s large outputs of either 29kW, 48kW or 80kW when wood pellet is burned, the ME can be used for a district heating system.
They are designed to be used as part of an automatic feed system, in that there is no built-in fuel storage. Instead the boiler must be connected to an silo for continuous feed by auger to the boiler. You may wish to use your own self-designed storage and feed systems, and these can be incorporated into the boiler to suit you. A Twin Heat ME system is delivered complete and ready for installation. The system consists of three main component parts: boiler unit, water-cooled burner tube and stoker unit.
As with all our products, we have received training from Twin Heat on the installation of this boiler. It has been tested to the highest European standard EN 303-5, and was previously approved under the Greener Homes Scheme.
- Output of up to 24 kW, 37kW and 64kW when grain is burned
- Built-in Safety systems – water-cooled burner tube, a sprinkler system and a pressure device, and flue temperature regulator
- Oxygen control to ensure that the stoker always works as optimal as possible.
- Pre-progammed settings in the controller for pellet, chip and grain.
- Option for auger to be fitted to either left or right of the boiler
- LCD digital display
- Easy to use
ME Series Technical Details
|Description||Value||ME 20 *
|Heat output with woodpellets (approx 7% moisture)
|Heat output with woodchip (approx 25% moisture)
|Heat output with grain (approx 15% moisture)||kW||24|
|Minimum output in pause mode
|Efficiency at nominal output
|H x W x D (mm)||580 x 440 x 700|
|Flue outlet diameter||mm||155|
|Dimensions||W x D (mm)||1770 x 1160|
* ME 40 and ME 80 details are in the Twin Heat brochure