Part of the Ború Stoves range - The Chieftain boiler is described as a class leader when it comes to insertable stoves. At 17 kW, it has the highest output available for a standard opening in an insert stove. It gives 51,000 btu's (15kW) to water which means it will heat up to 12 radiators and hot water, as well as giving 2kW to the room it sits in.
The Chieftain Inset has been tested to EN 13229, which is the European standard for inset stoves.
Features of the Chieftain Insert
- Airwash system for cleaner glass.
- Fits into a standard opening.
- Wraparound boiler for up to 12 radiators.
- Thermostatically controlled as standard.
- Multifuel grate for burning wood and solid fuel.
- Clean and easy riddling system.
- Available in different colours.
- Different canopy options available.
- Made in Ireland
View side view
View larger picture
Technical Specifications: Chieftain Insert
|Total Heat output
|Heat output to water kw/btu
||15 / 55,000
|Heat output to room kW
|Height x Width x Depth (mm)*
||555 x 441 x 630
|Height x Width x Depth **
||400 x 355 x 508
|Height to centre of flue (mm)
|Flue pipe connection
||Ø 6 inch
* Including fascia ** Excluding fascia
Need more information?
Please see our frequently asked questions and flues sections to help you with your choice. Details on how to calculate the size of the stove you need are on the appliances page.
Fuel for your stove
We supply a wide range of solid fuels, which you can burn in your stove including the choice of coal, smokeless, and wood fuels.